DO NOT SHOW UP AT THE ORANGEVALE LOCATION
WITHOUT MAKING AN APPOINTMENT!
It is the sole responsibility of the customer (you) to make an appointment with GAFS if you wish to drop off, pick up, retrieve or leave any firearm, ammunition, shooting gear, ect.
Unannounced visitors may be misidentified as hostels in which case you likely will be engaged with an overwhelming amount of suppressive fire.
A "convenience fee" may be added to your total bill.
CALL BACKS, TEXT MESSAGES & EMAIL REPLYS WILL BE MADE WITHIN TWO BUSINESS DAYS (48 consecutive hours Tuesday - Saturday)
- It is solely the responsibility of the individual or entity needing to store the firearm or the individual or entity receiving the firearm to contact Gun At First Sight, LLC and make the appropriate arrangements for the storage and transfer of any and all firearms. Gun At First Sight, LLC is not responsible for contacting any individual or entity for the purpose of negotiating or initiating any special storage terms.
- There will be a mandatory, non-refundable transfer fee applied to each firearm upon return/transfer. This fee is in addition to the any repair work, parts installed, work done to or storage contract or special storage terms cost. This fee is subject to change and is set by the California Department of Justice, Bureau of Firearms.
- Anyone retrieving/receiving a firearm being stored at Gun At First Sight, LLC must be legally able to possess a firearm in accordance with California gun ownership laws.
- All firearm transfer documentation must be valid at the time of transfer and provided to Gun At First Sight, LLC before the transfer prosses and the waiting period can be initiated.
There will be a mandatory waiting period before any firearm/s can be released from storage. This waiting period will begin once the firearm/s can be received by the intended individual or entity AND the appropriate transfer application (ATF Form 4473) has been filled out, entered into the D.R.O.S. system and the "Pending" D.R.O.S. sheet has been signed by both the Transferor (Licensed FFL holder) and the Transferee (Buyer/Intended Individual or Entity.) This waiting period is subject to change and will be determined by the California Department of Justice, Bureau of Firearms.
Storage fees only apply to the following firearms:
- Firearms brought into Gun At First Sight, LLC, with the intention of being securely stored during the deration of a "prosses" where the firearm owner cannot be in position of ammunition or firearms.
- A firearm that has arrived from another source (online sale, auction, prize or gift) and is being stored, awaiting transfer, without receiving communication from the Transferee for more that 1 month (30 days) from time of delivery.
- Last Will & Testament fulfillment, Estate probates, Inheritance fulfillment, Etc.
- A firearm that has been brought in for any gunsmithing service (repaired, upgraded, customization) and the intended work has been completed yet the owner has not communicated with GAFS for more that 1 month (30 days) after the intended work has been completed.
- If storage terms have been agreed on, documented & fulfilled but for any reason, the firearm/s being stored require additional storage time, the below prices will take effect until new storage terms have been agreed on and the storage agreement documentation has been signed.
The prices listed below are the default costs that will be applied, per-firearm, regardless of type (pistols, revolvers, shotguns, rifles, receivers, frames, and any “other weapon” type), or condition (operational, non-operational, assembled, disassembled, complete or missing parts) in order to calculate the total amount owed only when no special storage terms have been agreed on and documented.
- Storage fees will continue to apply on a monthly basis and can potentially accumulate beyond the physical value of any and all firearms being stored.
- Any and all firearms being stored at Gun At First Sight, LLC without any special storage terms documented will be stored for no more than 2 years (24 calendar months) at which time, the firearms will be considered “abandoned” and will be turned over to local law enforcement for proper disposal in aguardiente with federal and state gun regulations.
Default Firearm Storage Prices...
- $20.00/per firearm - Storage Initiation fee. Will cover the first month (30 days) of storage & storage prep cleaning if desired.
- $10.00/per firearm/per month - up to 5 additional months of storage.
- $30.00/per firearm/per month - starting on the 7th month of storage. Up to 6 additional months of storage.
- $75.00/per firearm/per month - after 1 year of storage. Up to 6 additional months of storage.
- After 1.5 years of storage, if no communication or storage terms re-negotiation is made, the storage fee will increase to $100.00/per month/per firearm. For up to 6 additional months of storage.
- Once the storage duration reaches 2 years, without any communication or storage terms re-negotiation, the firearms will be considered “abandoned” and turned over to local law enforcement in accordance with California gun regulations.
- Furthermore, at that time, Gun At First Sight, LLC will initiate legal steps to obtain the full amount of any and all completed gunsmithing services, transfer fees and storage fees accumulated.
- All storage and required transfer fees must be paid in full before the transfer prosses and the waiting period can be initiated.
- Accepted payment methods are:
- Cash, Debit/Credit Card, Certified Cashier's Check, Cash App. transfers, and Chime transfers.
- We do not accept PayPal or Venmo transfers at this time.
- Personal/business checks will be accepted on an individual basis.
Important conditions to consider...
- Only firearms that are in a California-compliant configuration can be accepted for storage and or transferred. Absolutely no NFA firearms (machineguns, sound suppressors, short-barreled shotguns, short-barreled rifles, “assault weapons” or any other destructive devices) can be accepted for gunsmithing services, storage or transfer.
- If any firearm is accepted by Gun At First Sight, LLC for gunsmithing services, storage and or transfer and later found to be an NFA firearm or “non-California compliant”, any and all such firearms will be immediately reported to the ATF and turned over to local law enforcement, in accordance with federal and state gun regulations.
UPDATE: GAFS will no longer attempt to contact ANY Placer Sporting Club Members concerning their firearms. All firearms belonging to PSC members that were in the position of GAFS during the un-wanted expulsion from PSC have been turned over to the local authorities. You had well OVER A YEAR to retrieve your firearms. Thank the management of PSC for your unfortunate loss.